The Greendale Redevelopment Commission (GRC) has been working diligently on various projects to retain existing jobs, bring new jobs to the area, increase our overall tax base, and improving Quality of Life in Greendale. A lot of focus in 2020 was on sourcing partners to help Greendale ease our housing shortage, which we expect to bear fruit in 2021. Finally, with little assistance from GRC, but great support, the Greendale General Store opened for business in 2020!
2020 Projects included:
- Continue to work with Utility Department on upgrading the Greendale electrical system.
- Completed the work with a coalition of owners & developers, as well as INDOT, to bring a new signaled intersection to US 50, near the US50/I275 development area and completed Greencomm Drive and connectors…development land is now ready for development and is actively being marketed.
- GRC continues to work closely with the DCTVB on a Gateway Beautification Project for the I-275/U.S. 50 Corridor. All funding has been approved, now looking for contractors.
- GRC and City of Greendale have approved funding, with TIF dollars, for Phase I of our Trails Master Plan to improve Quality of Life in Greendale. Final design is awaiting approval from the Army Corps of Engineers.
- GRC funded a storm water master plan in the Greendale Industrial Park and the project was completed in 2020.
- With the assistance of GRC funding, the Queen City Candy expansion was completed, and they plan for their Phase II Expansion to begin in early 2021.
- GRC worked with Indiana State and Local Agencies to assist BedTechs in gearing up for a push to provide greatly needed hospital beds due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- GRC purchased development property in the Industrial Park; and began working with a developer on another large parcel on a Retail/Mixed Use Project, that has been delayed by the Coronavirus Pandemic; with plans to revitalize once the threats subside and investors begin to develop again.
- GRC worked with and assisted Kelsey Chevrolet on their newest expansion; purchase and clean up property and build a new Collision Center; with plans for additional future development.
- GRC worked with and assisted Anchor Glass Co., on their $60 Million Dollar Expansion Project, which is well under way, with expected completion in early 2021.
- GRC worked with multiple housing developers on multiple projects; the only one that moved forward is the proposed Crossing at Tanners Creek, single family development.
- GRC has continued our work of cleaning up the South Entrance into Greendale, adding five (5) properties to the inventory with the goal of creating greenspace.
- GRC has begun the final stage of the stormwater upgrades near the St. Elizabeth Urgent Care in preparation for the planned future expansion of the St. E. Health Campus.
GRC continues to focus on projects included in the updated Comprehensive Plan that GRC funded, by beginning projects included in the Plan, and meeting and negotiating with prospective developers.
Discussions continued with prospective developers and the owners of the Old Argosy Surface Lot regarding infrastructure improvements and development opportunities on US 50 at the location.
GRC provided $240K in funding to Lawrenceburg Community School Corp for ongoing safety programs.
GRC paid off $1.27MM of the outstanding TIF Bond from 2018.
GRC has commissioned a Market Study for a proposed new fifty-acre Sports and Entertainment Complex in Greendale.
GRC worked with the Lawrenceburg Community School Corporation to obtain a $625K Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund Grant toward adding or extending reliable high-speed internet for LCSC Students and Staff. City Staff is vetting possible prospective partners for this project.
GRC staff assisted with the One Dearborn Countywide during 2020 toward a Countywide Master Trails Program.
Greendale Redevelopment Commission Members
Michael McLaughlin, President
Andy Schoeff, Vice President
Becky Lyons, Secretary
Walt Wilson, Member
Vince Karsteter, Member
Economic Development Commission Members
Available Development Sites
500 Ridge Avenue
Greendale, IN 47025
Sat & Sun: Closed