The Planning Commission reviews proposed projects for compliance with City Ordinances (Code). They serve 4 year staggered terms. They also make recommendations to City Council for any proposed zoning and subdivision code changes. The Planning Commission normally has monthly meetings every fourth Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
The city plan commission consists of seven (7) members, as follows:
(1) The municipal legislative body shall appoint three (3) persons, who must be elected or appointed municipal officials or employees in the municipal government, as members.
(2) The municipal executive shall appoint four (4) citizen members, of whom no more than two (2) may be of the same political party.
the citizen members shall initially be appointed for the following terms of office:
(1) Three (3) for a term of one (1) year, one (1) appointed by the county legislative body and two (2) by the city executive.
(2) Two (2) for a term of two (2) years, one (1) by each appointing authority.
(3) Two (2) for a term of three (3) years, one (1) by each appointing authority.
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) consists of (5) members per IC 36-7-4-902, as follows:
(1) Three (3) citizen members appointed by the Mayor, of whom one (1) must be a member of the Planning Commission and two (2) must not be members of the Planning Commission.
(2) One (1) citizen member appointed by Council, who must not be a member of the Planning Commission.
(3) One (1) member appointed by the Planning Commission from the Planning Commission's membership, who must be a county agricultural agent or a citizen member of the Planning Commission other than the member appointed under subdivision (1).
The BZA reviews applications by petitioners who desire to gain variances from the City Code. An advertised public hearing is held for the petitioner and any affected resident to discuss the merits of the request. In addition, this Board hears appeals from affected person(s) who either violate the code or who disagree with the interpretation of the code by City staff. The BZA meets the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Member Information
Matt Wuestefeld, Chairman
Board of Zoning Appeals Member Information
Matt Wuestefeld, Vice Chair
500 Ridge Avenue
Greendale, IN 47025
Sat. & Sun. Closed