In a City having a Park Board and a City Civil Engineer, the City Planning Commission is comprised of nine (9) members per IC 36-7-4-207, as follows:
(1) One (1) member appointed by the city legislative body (Council) from its membership.
(2) One (1) member appointed by the park board from its membership.
(3) One (1) member appointed or designated representative appointed by the city board of works (BOW).
(4) The city civil engineer or a qualified assistant appointed by the city civil engineer.
(5) Five (5) citizen members, of whom no more than three (3) may be of the same political party, appointed by the city executive (Mayor).
The Planning Commission reviews proposed projects for compliance with City Ordinances (Code). They serve 1-4 year staggered terms. They also make recommendations to City Council for any proposed code changes. The Planning Commission normally has monthly meetings every fourth Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) consists of (5) members per IC 36-7-4-902, as follows:
(1) Three (3) citizen members appointed by the executive (Mayor) of the municipality or county, of whom one (1) must be a member of the Planning Commission and two (2) must not be members of the Planning Commission.
(2) One (1) citizen member appointed by the fiscal body (Council) of the municipality or county, who must not be a member of the Planning Commission.
(3) One (1) member appointed by the Planning Commission from the Planning Commission's membership, who must be a county agricultural agent or a citizen member of the Planning Commission other than the member appointed under subdivision (1).
The BZA reviews applications by petitioners who desire to gain variances from the City Code. An advertised public hearing is held for the petitioner and any affected resident to discuss the merits of the request. In addition, this Board hears appeals from affected person(s) who either violate the code or who disagree with the interpretation of the code by City staff. The BZA meets the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Member Information
Matt Wuestefeld, Chairman
1/1/20 –12/31/23 (4)
Board of Zoning Appeals Member Information
Matt Wuestefeld, Vice Chair
1/1/17 – 12/31/17 (4)
500 Ridge Avenue
Greendale, IN 47025
Sat. & Sun. Closed